Choosing the right school for your child is hard, whether you have a two year old embarking on their school life or a 17 year old trying to find a sixth form college which will help them to achieve their dreams. It is so important to make the best decision for each individual and this can be a daunting task. While creating this section, I thought about what would have helped me when I recently went through it myself. I strongly feel that the key is being armed with all the crucial information you can gather and the aim of this section is to make this information easily accessible and straightforward to record. The starting point must be to investigate which schools are local to you, what each one offers and to gain an idea of their ethos. This will help you to work out your top choices before arranging that all important visit. Good luck and happy hunting! Please note that this section also includes tutoring for various subjects. However, music and dance tuition predominately comes within Groups and Classes
Sign up to our mailing list
- Independent school and college for pupils aged 13–18 years.
- Established as part of the David Game College Group.
- Classes average 3-5 students for IGCSE & A Level, and 6-8 students for Foundation.
- Qualified and experienced tutors who are subject specialists.
- Fully-equipped science laboratory, a computer room and a library for private study.
Victory House, 116 - 120 London Road, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 9AX
- College specialising in teaching art, humanities and law to students aged 15+ years.
- Adapts teaching style and British curriculum to the needs of international students.
- Facilities include art studios, dark room, editing suite, film studio, and print room.
- Extra-curricular activities which supports learning.
- Offer summer courses.
Trajan House, Mill Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 0DJ
- Independent co-educational day and boarding school for ages 11–18 years.
- Around 400 students.
- State-of-the-art facilities for academic work, sport, technology and the arts.
- Sixth Form for boys and girls aged 16+ years.
- Part of the Woodard Corporation and a member of the HMC group.
Bloxham, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX15 4PE
- Independent Day School for boys and girls aged 4–18 years.
- Junior, Senior schools and Sixth Form on the same site.
- Academic excellence is an essential criterion for the selection process.
- Pupils talented in creative arts & sporting activities are given due consideration.
- Set in 150 acres of parkland.
Witney, Oxfordshire, OX29 7PU
- Co-educational independent selective school for students aged 11–18.
- Aim to achieve academic excellence.
- Around 470 students.
- Day students only in years 7–11.
- Both day students and borders in the Sixth Form and one-year IGCSE.
111 - 113 Banbury Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 6JX
- Co-educational community secondary school and Sixth Form.
- Approximately 650 pupils attend.
- Each day begins with an unusual question or challenge to get our students thinking.
- Students’ learning is supplemented by trips, events and activities, home and abroad.
- It has a Special Educational Needs team each with their own areas of specialism.
Northcourt Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1NP
- Day and boarding school for girls aged 3–18 years.
- School reflects the values of it's Church of England origins.
- Modern facilities including a purpose-built Theatre and Music School.
- New Dance and Fitness Centre.
- Extensive extra-curricular programme.
Headington Road, Oxford, OX3 7TD
- Co-educational academy secondary school and sixth form.
- Specialist school with creativity at the heart of learning.
- Strong visual and performing arts status.
- Run many clubs, trips and visits, including to the school's Welsh farm.
- Extra curricular activities include a gifted and talented programme.
Wootton Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1JB
- Co-educational day, boarding school and sixth form for pupils 11–18 years.
- Christian ethos.
- Set in 100 acres of Cotswolds countryside.
- Each pupil’s academic progress is measured every three weeks.
- Offer Unique American Studies Program for US boarding pupils.
Kingham, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, OX7 6TZ
- Supported learning for young people aged 11–19 on the autism spectrum.
- Learning difficulties such as autism, Asperger’s Syndrome will really progress.
- Teaching & learning methods to help young people with learning difficulties.
- Have day and weekly residential placements.
- Offer a specialist curriculum.
Spring Hill Road, Begbroke, Oxfordshire, OX5 1RX
- Independent day school for boys between 7–18 years (and girls in the 6th Form).
- Classes are taught by subject specialists & class sizes are usually in the low 20s.
- The school has a long-standing tradition of musical excellence.
- Sixth Form: unique to MCS is the option of the 'Waynflete Studies Programme'.
- Huge extra-curricular programme. Clubs and Societies are a major part of school.
Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX4 1DZ
- Co-educational Catholic day school from 3 years through to Sixth Form.
- Nursery, Junior school, Senior school, and Sixth form.
- Christian ecumenical community and its ethos, but welcomes other faiths & beliefs.
- Small classes and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- Extensive facilities include a multi-use games area and 25m indoor swimming pool.
St. John's Road, Abingdon-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, OX14 2HB