Choosing the right school for your child is hard, whether you have a two year old embarking on their school life or a 17 year old trying to find a sixth form college which will help them to achieve their dreams. It is so important to make the best decision for each individual and this can be a daunting task. While creating this section, I thought about what would have helped me when I recently went through it myself. I strongly feel that the key is being armed with all the crucial information you can gather and the aim of this section is to make this information easily accessible and straightforward to record. The starting point must be to investigate which schools are local to you, what each one offers and to gain an idea of their ethos. This will help you to work out your top choices before arranging that all important visit. Good luck and happy hunting! Please note that this section also includes tutoring for various subjects. However, music and dance tuition predominately comes within Groups and Classes
Sign up to our mailing list
- Home from home family approach for children birth–5 years old.
- Baby room with soft play, creative and music experiences.
- Nursery: 'Spiders' (16–24 months old), 'Ladybirds' (24–36 months).
- Pre-school is divided into 3 classrooms, with individualised play plans.
- Spacious outdoor facilities.
11 Sandfield Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7RG
- Independent day school for boys aged 4–13 years old.
- Main entry points are Reception and Year 3 (aged 7+)
- Small class sizes.
- ISI inspection report (2015): Prep and Senior School deliver outstanding education.
- Subject specialist teaching.
Kingston Road, Frilford, Oxfordshire, OX13 5NX
- Independent primary school for boys aged 3–8 years old, girls 3–11 years old.
- Non-selective school with small class sizes.
- Specialist teachers.
- Academic results are high.
- Numerous after-school clubs.
Overthorpe Hall, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX17 2BS
- Independent co-educational day school, for children aged 2–11 years.
- Main entry points into Chandlings are the Nursery, Reception and Year 3.
- Family school with excellent pastoral care.
- Two swimming pools, tennis / netball courts, football, rugby & cricket pitches,
- Nine-hole golf course, riding school, and two large halls for sport, music & drama.
Bagley Wood, Kennington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 5ND
- Pre-Prep & Preparatory school for boys 4– 13 years.
- Co-educational nursery for children aged 3+ years old.
- Music permeates the school’s life.
- It's Christian heritage is central to the schools ethos but all beliefs are welcomed.
- Small class sizes, and specialist teaching across all subjects from Form 5.
3 Brewer Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 1QW
- Non-selective independent day school for boys (3–7 years) and girls (3–16 years).
- Small sized classes.
- Modern education, but firmly based on traditional values.
- Consistently in the top 10 in Oxfordshire schools for GCSE results.
- Strong reputation for its music, arts programme and sporting.
Moulsford, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 9HT
- Community primary school in Abingdon for children aged 4–11 years old.
- Nursery for children aged 3–4 years old. Around 40 children attend.
- Strong ‘House’ system, every child from the Nursery to Y6 is placed in a house.
- Extra curricular activities targeted at specific year groups.
- The North and North East Abingdon Children’s Centres are part of the school.
Northcourt Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1NR
- Small non-demoninational Christian school & nursery for children aged 3–11 years.
- Independent parent-controlled school.
- Promotes an understanding of the world & society from a Biblical perspective.
- Its Nursery is based on the same God-centered principles.
- The victorian schoolhouse is tucked away in Littlemore, Oxford.
Sandford Road, Littlemore, Oxford, OX4 4PU
- Day and boarding school for girls aged 3–18 years.
- School reflects the values of it's Church of England origins.
- Modern facilities including a purpose-built Theatre and Music School.
- New Dance and Fitness Centre.
- Extensive extra-curricular programme.
Headington Road, Oxford, OX3 7TD
- A Voluntary Controlled Church of England school for children 3–11 years.
- Primary school with nursery and reception classes.
- Facilities includes a fully-equipped computer suite, library, & adventure playground.
- Reflects its Christian foundations in all aspects of school life.
- Capacity of 225 children, excluding the nursery.
Sibford Road, Hook Norton, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX15 5JS
- Community primary school, with an attached nursery, for children aged 3–11 years.
- Annual intake of pupils into the main school is 30 per year.
- Extra-curricular activities including music tuition, and after school sport clubs.
- Badger Club is an out of school club, providing wrap around care.
- Admissions to the nursery take place September, January, and April.
Boulter Drive, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1XP
- Nursery and primary school for children aged 3–11 years.
- Windmill Nursery is open Monday - Thursday (term time).
- Spacious garden and large undercover area for outdoor play.
- Classes have a maximum of 30 pupils.
- Parent and toddler session every Friday (9:15am–11:15am), everyone is welcome.
Mill Lane, Chinnor, Oxfordshire, OX39 4RF