Choosing the right school for your child is hard, whether you have a two year old embarking on their school life or a 17 year old trying to find a sixth form college which will help them to achieve their dreams. It is so important to make the best decision for each individual and this can be a daunting task. While creating this section, I thought about what would have helped me when I recently went through it myself. I strongly feel that the key is being armed with all the crucial information you can gather and the aim of this section is to make this information easily accessible and straightforward to record. The starting point must be to investigate which schools are local to you, what each one offers and to gain an idea of their ethos. This will help you to work out your top choices before arranging that all important visit. Good luck and happy hunting! Please note that this section also includes tutoring for various subjects. However, music and dance tuition predominately comes within Groups and Classes
Sign up to our mailing list
- Independent school and college for pupils aged 13–18 years.
- Established as part of the David Game College Group.
- Classes average 3-5 students for IGCSE & A Level, and 6-8 students for Foundation.
- Qualified and experienced tutors who are subject specialists.
- Fully-equipped science laboratory, a computer room and a library for private study.
Victory House, 116 - 120 London Road, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 9AX
- Home from home family approach for children birth–5 years old.
- Baby room with soft play, creative and music experiences.
- Nursery: 'Spiders' (16–24 months old), 'Ladybirds' (24–36 months).
- Pre-school is divided into 3 classrooms, with individualised play plans.
- Spacious outdoor facilities.
11 Sandfield Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7RG
- Independent day school for boys aged 4–13 years old.
- Main entry points are Reception and Year 3 (aged 7+)
- Small class sizes.
- ISI inspection report (2015): Prep and Senior School deliver outstanding education.
- Subject specialist teaching.
Kingston Road, Frilford, Oxfordshire, OX13 5NX
- Independent day and boarding school for boys aged 11–18 years old.
- Offers full and weekly boarding from the age of 13 years old.
- Abingdon combines the best in academic standards, music, sport and the arts.
- Extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
- Pupil visit the Chapel weekly to share in an inter-denominaional act of worship.
Park Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1DE
- College specialising in teaching art, humanities and law to students aged 15+ years.
- Adapts teaching style and British curriculum to the needs of international students.
- Facilities include art studios, dark room, editing suite, film studio, and print room.
- Extra-curricular activities which supports learning.
- Offer summer courses.
Trajan House, Mill Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 0DJ
- Church of England primary school for children aged 4–11 years old.
- 'Leading Learners' play a key role within each class.
- The school follows the locally agreed Oxfordshire Syllabus.
- Strong links with the parish of St Helen’s Church and Christian values are promoted.
- After school clubs include table tennis, singing, street cheer, and judo.
Oxford Road, Benson, Oxfordshire, OX10 6LX
- Independent co-educational day and boarding school for ages 11–18 years.
- Around 400 students.
- State-of-the-art facilities for academic work, sport, technology and the arts.
- Sixth Form for boys and girls aged 16+ years.
- Part of the Woodard Corporation and a member of the HMC group.
Bloxham, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX15 4PE
- Community primary school for children aged 3–11 years.
- Purpose built early years unit.
- Ofsted graded the school 'good' with outstanding features during last inspection.
- Run regular open sessions for parents to visit the school and watch the teaching.
- Offer breakfast, after school and extra-curricular clubs.
Bucknell Road, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 2DB
- Independent day and boarding school for boys aged 7 -13.
- Aimed at boys with with dyslexia or other specific learning difficulties.
- Prepares boys for Common Entrance to major British public schools.
- Focus on literacy and numeracy. Reading is taught as a distinct curriculum subject.
- Boys are taught in small classes of no more than ten pupils.
Chesterton, Oxfordshire, OX26 1UY
- Independent primary school for boys aged 3–8 years old, girls 3–11 years old.
- Non-selective school with small class sizes.
- Specialist teachers.
- Academic results are high.
- Numerous after-school clubs.
Overthorpe Hall, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX17 2BS
- Independent co-educational day school, for children aged 2–11 years.
- Main entry points into Chandlings are the Nursery, Reception and Year 3.
- Family school with excellent pastoral care.
- Two swimming pools, tennis / netball courts, football, rugby & cricket pitches,
- Nine-hole golf course, riding school, and two large halls for sport, music & drama.
Bagley Wood, Kennington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 5ND
- Independent co-educational day special school for children 5–12 years.
- For children with complex educational needs and challenging behaviours.
- Capacity for 34 pupils.
- Facilities include therapy/1:1 room, quiet areas, library area & all weather pitch.
- All pupils receive a personalised curriculum tailored to their individual needs.
Thame Road, Wheatley, Oxfordshire, OX33 1JP