Groups & Classes in Oxford
Filter By Type
Sign up to our mailing list
- Interactive / educational music and drama sessions for children aged 3–12 years.
- Weekly classes with familiar songs and nursery rhymes.
- Energetic actions and percussion instruments.
- Music and movement, musical games, and story telling.
- Offer children's birthday party entertainment for ages 1–10 year olds.
Venues in Oxford and Wheatley
- Weekly football coaching sessions for 2 year olds to the Under 15 age group.
- Courses include Mini Gunners, After Schools Clubs, Multi Sport and Team Coaching.
- Play at: Development centres, Advance centre, and Grassroots Club Partnership.
- Run holiday and weekend courses, check the website for dates.
- Birthday party packages available.
Venues at Development Centres in Oxford, Abingdon, and Carterton.
- University of Oxford’s museum of art and archaeology for all the family.
- Family Activity Station with trails and simple make-and–takes.
- 'Little Ash Moles' gallery activity (for under 5 year olds) every Thursday in term-time.
- 'Saturday Ashventures' stories, hunts, handling, games and crafts for ages 4+ years.
- Events scheduled regularly for visually impaired and hearing impaired visitors.
Beaumont Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 2PH
- Baby and parent development classes from 0–3 years.
- Three age groups: Infants (0–9m), Toddlers (9–18m), and Juniors (18m–3 years).
- All sessions run for 45 minute and are a mixture of structured short activities.
- Sensory games, physical movements, music and cognitive activities.
- Also offer Baby Massage classes, see website for more information.
Venues in Abingdon, Oxford, Thame, Witney and Woodstock
0844 8933 222
- 28°C swimming pool for able-bodied and disabled people of all ages.
- Free Swimming Programme is offered to City Residents 16 years and under.
- Learn to swim programme to suit all levels and abilities.
- School holiday activities.
- 'Big Day Swim' birthday party packages.
Waynflete Road, Barton, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 8GA
- Climbing wall open to everyone, for children from 5+ years.
- Kids open session for children 5+ years, on Mondays and Fridays (4:30pm–6pm).
- Kids open session: summer specials (during holidays) Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Rock Stars kids club runs Sunday mornings for children from7–17 years. (Term time).
- Offer climbing birthday parties, up to 10 climbers (maximum) for ages 5+ years.
Oxford Brookes University, Headington Campus, Gipsy Lane, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 0BP
- Music classes for babies, toddlers and pre-school children (up to 4 years old).
- Large variety of musical instruments.
- Interactive and sensory props to engage babies and children.
- Fun, interactive classes.
- Features songs, music & movement, instruments and sensory moments.
Various venues in Abingdon, Kennington, Oxford and Thame
One-to-one swimming lessons which follow a child-centered approach to exploring and learning in the water, with a focus on confidence-building, developing water safety skills, and working towards proficiency in all four strokes.
- One-to-one swimming lessons for preschool and primary age children.
- Fun, caring and patient, dedicated ASA qualified teacher, warm hotel / spa pools.
- Dynamic, engaging and fun teaching methods.
- Progress in line with the ASA Learn to Swim Programme.
- Daytime, After School, and School Holiday spaces available.
Venues: De Vere Oxford Thames (Sandford-on-Thames) and Jurys Inn Oxford (North Oxford).
0844 854 9083 / 01844 277464
- Baby Discover arts & craft classes (5–14 months old) - make artworks to take home.
- Little Explorers art classes for ages 15 month–5 years old.
- Family Fun classes (1–11 years old), family workshops, see website for dates.
- Arty birthday party entertainment.
- After school, Saturday and holiday clubs for children aged 5–11 years.
Various venues in Bicester, Didcot, Oxford, Thame and the surrounding villages
- Small swimming groups of up to six children.
- Book onto a group or individual lessons. (Each runs for 30 mins).
- Infant aquatics course follows the STA Starfish Awards programme.
- Can take children into the pool without a parent from the age of 3.
- After school class for school age children, max of five children per lesson.
Various venues in Abindgon, Didcot, Goring, East Hagbourne, and Oxford
07753 344288 or 01865 865 067
- Classes in Oxford, Abingdon and Didcot.
- Teaches ESOL, French, German and Spanish languages.
- Offers private tuition.
- Runs classes for all ages and abilities, from toddler classes.
- After-school French and Spanish clubs for Primary aged children.
- Football coaching programme for children aged 5–11 years of all abilities.
- Aim to develop better and more technically gifted football players.
- After-school football coaching.
- Holiday football coaching.
- Nationwide initiative run by The Football Association.
Venues in Berinsfield (OX10 7NR) and Oxford (OX4 6JZ)