Outdoor Activities in Oxford
Filter By Type
Sign up to our mailing list
- Historically informative costumed guide of Oxford. (Children must be 4+ years).
- Illustrated with props and illusions.
- Walking tour departs at 6:30pm every Friday and Saturday.
- Tours last approximately 1 hour 45 minutes. (from Oxford Castle Unlocked).
- Private bookings available.
Oxford Castle Gift Shop, 44 - 46 New Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 1AY
- Parks and Bury Knowle House are open all day every day (for all ages).
- Pirate play feature and Sand pits.
- Climbing rocks and timber frames.
- Sensory garden.
- Tennis courts.
Off London Road, Headington, Oxford
- Over 80 hand crafted punts available to rent, for ages from 7+ years old.
- Rowing boats and canoes for hire.
- Punts - for a maximum of 6 people.
- Chauffeured punts available for up to five people.
- Dependant on weather conditions.
Bardwell Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 6ST
0207 558 8706
- Walking tours in Oxford for all ages.
- Combined bike and walking tours.
- Includes: 2 hour free walking tour, Oxford University and City tour.
- Private Family Tours: tailored specifically for ages and interests.
- Harry Potter Tour of Oxford: inside Hogwarts Hospital & down the halls of Hogwarts.
5 Broad Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 3AJ
0844 893 3222
- Outdoor heated swimming pool has a shallow end and is 1.5 metres at its deepest.
- Sun loungers available for hire.
- Offer a 'Free Swimming Programme' to City residents under 16 years.
- For all ages and abilities.
- Cafe open daily 10am - 6pm.
Lake Street, Off Abingdon Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 4RP
- Floodlit 360 metre outdoor circuit, with hair pin bends.
- Cadet Karting for children over 8 years.
- Must be pre-booked.
- Family sessions, for children over 8 years (requires a minimum of 6 drivers).
- Parties (for children 4-10 years) available with a full mobile Junior Karting facility.
Oxford Stadium, Sandy Lane, Cowley, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX4 6LJ
- Outdoor lasertag adventure activities for children and adults.
- Minimum age 8 years, although if booking exclusive use 7 year olds can attend.
- 7 different gaming guns to choose from, plus machine guns, & missile system.
- Safe infra red - no Paint, no masks, no pain, no bruises.
- Authentic live combat gaming experience birthday parties packages available.
Furze Brake Woodland, Rear of Culham 1 Site, Station Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX14 3DA
- Hire a traditional Oxford punt, rowing boat or pedalo.
- Hire a boat for an hour or make a day of it and take a picnic.
- Punts can take up to 5 people and prices start at £22 per hour.
- Chauffeured punt ride £30 per 30 minutes. (Pre-ordered picnic hampers available).
- Open 7 days a week from 1st February through to 30th November.
The Old Horse Ford, High Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 4AU
Countryside Farm Centre open seven days a week perfect for all the family with animals, playground and indoor Sprout Playbarn. Throughout the summer months, there's a beach area (with outdoor games), PYO and Maize Maze.
- Fun for all the family. Animal Walkway includes pigs, alpacas, cattle, and ponies.
- Sprouts Indoor Playbarn with multi-level activities, slides, ball pits and education play.
- Children's play area: swings, slides, play diggers, little sit-on tractors, & carousal.
- Pick You Own: June to September. Over 30 different fruits and vegetables.
- Phoebe Wood is 10 acres of woodland and wetland walks and picnic areas.
- Children's ballet, tap and art classes. Birthday party packages coming soon.
Kingston Road, Frilford, Near Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX13 5HB
- River trips for all the family. (children under 12 months are free).
- River sightseeing tours.
- Picnic cruises.
- Private boat hire - great for birthday and exam celebrations.
- Boats include Serafina II, Golden Slumbers, and Bacchanalia.
The Folly, 1 Folly Bridge, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 4LB
- Self-guided Spy Mission themed Treasure Trail.
- Takes 2 and a half hours to complete and is approximately 2.8 miles.
- Solve the on existing buildings, permanent features and monuments.
- Trail can be sent in the post or is available to download.
- Suitable for all ages from 6+ years - adults.
Cnr Queen and Cornmarket Streets, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 1ET
- Variety of River Cruises and boats for hire in Oxford.
- Boat Trips include 'Alice in Wonderland Cruise'.
- Punt and boat hire. Plus chauffeured punt service available.
- Public Cruises in 2016 run 7 days a week in season. (28 May to 11 September 2016).
- Private charter boat hire for parties and celebrations.
Folly Bridge, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 4LA