Indoor Activities in Oxford
Filter By Type
Sign up to our mailing list
- University of Oxford’s museum of art and archaeology for all the family.
- Family Activity Station with trails and simple make-and–takes.
- 'Little Ash Moles' gallery activity (for under 5 year olds) every Thursday in term-time.
- 'Saturday Ashventures' stories, hunts, handling, games and crafts for ages 4+ years.
- Events scheduled regularly for visually impaired and hearing impaired visitors.
Beaumont Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 2PH
0844 8933 222
- 28°C swimming pool for able-bodied and disabled people of all ages.
- Free Swimming Programme is offered to City Residents 16 years and under.
- Learn to swim programme to suit all levels and abilities.
- School holiday activities.
- 'Big Day Swim' birthday party packages.
Waynflete Road, Barton, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 8GA
- Over 2000 instruments from the Western orchestral music traditions.
- Instruments by English, French and German makers.
- Collection of European woodwind, brass and percussion instruments.
- Family education sessions and tours.
- Workshops for GCSE and A-level music students.
The Faculty of Music, St Aldate’s, Oxford, OX1 1DB
- History Trail for children of all ages, trail sheets are £1.50 each.
- Self guided audio tours.
- Mini tours for families with children aged 11+ years .
- Standard tours for families with children aged 11+ years.
- Family tickets priced at £3.50 (2 adults and 3 children under 15 years).
Broad Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 3AZ
- Climbing wall open to everyone, for children from 5+ years.
- Kids open session for children 5+ years, on Mondays and Fridays (4:30pm–6pm).
- Kids open session: summer specials (during holidays) Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Rock Stars kids club runs Sunday mornings for children from7–17 years. (Term time).
- Offer climbing birthday parties, up to 10 climbers (maximum) for ages 5+ years.
Oxford Brookes University, Headington Campus, Gipsy Lane, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 0BP
- Two indoor heated swimming pools.
- ASA Swim School swimming programme.
- Teen fitness classes for ages 11–15 years old.
- Learner pool is available for private hire for children's birthday parties.
- Other packages include: 'bounce, skate, and sports hall hire parties.
Diamond Place, Summertown, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 7DP
0844 4770 493
- Kids and family bowling, for all ages. (from toddlers upwards).
- Students on Strike: two games for £7.49 all day Monday to Thursday.
- Amusement zone.
- Pool tables.
- Birthday party packages: for children 5–10 years old, and teens 11–15 years.
Ozone Leisure Park, Grenoble Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX4 4XP
- 8 lane 25 metre indoor pool, and learner pool (0.9 metres deep).
- Créche and toddler's soft play.
- 'Aspires Academy' is a fitness initiative for 11–15 year olds.
- Jet ski sessions for children under 9 years, and Short Tennis for 4–10 year olds.
- Birthday party packages including: pool inflatables, jet skis, and skating.
Pegasus Road, Blackbird Leys, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX4 6JL
- Arts and crafts classes for children 5–7 years and 8 years–teens.
- 'Fine Art' classes for those interested or studying for GCSE/AS & A2 Level.
- Offer one-to-one private art tuition in Oxfordshire.
- Art holiday courses for children aged 5–7 years old, and 8–teens.
- Art birthday parties include, crafts, printmaking, 3D, textiles or painting & drawing.
Venues in Bletchingdon, Enstone and Oxford
Countryside Farm Centre open seven days a week perfect for all the family with animals, playground and indoor Sprout Playbarn. Throughout the summer months, there's a beach area (with outdoor games), PYO and Maize Maze.
- Fun for all the family. Animal Walkway includes pigs, alpacas, cattle, and ponies.
- Sprouts Indoor Playbarn with multi-level activities, slides, ball pits and education play.
- Children's play area: swings, slides, play diggers, little sit-on tractors, & carousal.
- Pick You Own: June to September. Over 30 different fruits and vegetables.
- Phoebe Wood is 10 acres of woodland and wetland walks and picnic areas.
- Children's ballet, tap and art classes. Birthday party packages coming soon.
Kingston Road, Frilford, Near Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX13 5HB
- Museum with a collection of early scientific instruments.
- Programmes include family-friendly events, gallery tours, and table talks.
- Drop-in family trails for children 5+years, every Thursday and Saturday.
- Open Tuesday - Sunday (12noon - 5pm), admission is free.
- For disabled access there is a lift to the basement.
Broad Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 3AZ
- Guided tours and stories of the building's 1,000 years history.
- Climb Saxon St George’s Tower for 360° panoramic views of Oxford (ages 5+ years).
- Go underground into 900 year old crypt, the only remains of St. George’s Chapel.
- Explore the confines of the 18th century Debtors’ Tower and Prison D-Wing.
- Open daily from 10am (closed 24th–26th December).
44 New Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, Ox1