Education in South Oxfordshire
Abingdon, Ardington, Chinnor, Didcot, Faringdon, Goring, Henley-on-Thames, Milton, Wallingford, Wantage, plus the surrounding towns and villages.
Sign up to our mailing list
- Independent day school for boys aged 4–13 years old.
- Main entry points are Reception and Year 3 (aged 7+)
- Small class sizes.
- ISI inspection report (2015): Prep and Senior School deliver outstanding education.
- Subject specialist teaching.
Kingston Road, Frilford, Oxfordshire, OX13 5NX
- Independent day and boarding school for boys aged 11–18 years old.
- Offers full and weekly boarding from the age of 13 years old.
- Abingdon combines the best in academic standards, music, sport and the arts.
- Extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
- Pupil visit the Chapel weekly to share in an inter-denominaional act of worship.
Park Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1DE
- Church of England primary school for children aged 4–11 years old.
- 'Leading Learners' play a key role within each class.
- The school follows the locally agreed Oxfordshire Syllabus.
- Strong links with the parish of St Helen’s Church and Christian values are promoted.
- After school clubs include table tennis, singing, street cheer, and judo.
Oxford Road, Benson, Oxfordshire, OX10 6LX
- Family-run independent full-boarding preparatory school for boys aged 8–13 years.
- Boys regularly achieve scholarships & academic awards to the major public schools.
- Encourage excellence on the sports fields and in the art and music departments.
- Boys benefit from a whole term at Château de Sauveterre, south of France.
- Extra curricular activities include campcraft, orienteering, cooking, fencing & sailing.
Nr Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX13 6JL
- Non-selective independent day school for boys (3–7 years) and girls (3–16 years).
- Small sized classes.
- Modern education, but firmly based on traditional values.
- Consistently in the top 10 in Oxfordshire schools for GCSE results.
- Strong reputation for its music, arts programme and sporting.
Moulsford, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 9HT
- Community primary school in Abingdon for children aged 4–11 years old.
- Nursery for children aged 3–4 years old. Around 40 children attend.
- Strong ‘House’ system, every child from the Nursery to Y6 is placed in a house.
- Extra curricular activities targeted at specific year groups.
- The North and North East Abingdon Children’s Centres are part of the school.
Northcourt Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1NR
- Co-educational community secondary school and Sixth Form.
- Approximately 650 pupils attend.
- Each day begins with an unusual question or challenge to get our students thinking.
- Students’ learning is supplemented by trips, events and activities, home and abroad.
- It has a Special Educational Needs team each with their own areas of specialism.
Northcourt Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1NP
- Co-educational academy secondary school and sixth form.
- Specialist school with creativity at the heart of learning.
- Strong visual and performing arts status.
- Run many clubs, trips and visits, including to the school's Welsh farm.
- Extra curricular activities include a gifted and talented programme.
Wootton Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1JB
- Community primary school, with an attached nursery, for children aged 3–11 years.
- Annual intake of pupils into the main school is 30 per year.
- Extra-curricular activities including music tuition, and after school sport clubs.
- Badger Club is an out of school club, providing wrap around care.
- Admissions to the nursery take place September, January, and April.
Boulter Drive, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1XP
- Nursery and primary school for children aged 3–11 years.
- Windmill Nursery is open Monday - Thursday (term time).
- Spacious garden and large undercover area for outdoor play.
- Classes have a maximum of 30 pupils.
- Parent and toddler session every Friday (9:15am–11:15am), everyone is welcome.
Mill Lane, Chinnor, Oxfordshire, OX39 4RF
- Independent prep day and boarding school for boys aged 4–13 years old.
- Everything is geared towards the way boys learn best.
- Boarding offers flexi and weekly boarding.
- Offer the broadest possible education.
- Send a high proportion of boys to academically selective schools at 13+.
Moulsford-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, OX10 9HR
- Co-educational Catholic day school from 3 years through to Sixth Form.
- Nursery, Junior school, Senior school, and Sixth form.
- Christian ecumenical community and its ethos, but welcomes other faiths & beliefs.
- Small classes and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- Extensive facilities include a multi-use games area and 25m indoor swimming pool.
St. John's Road, Abingdon-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, OX14 2HB