Groups & Classes in South Oxfordshire
Abingdon, Ardington, Chinnor, Didcot, Faringdon, Goring, Henley-on-Thames, Milton, Wallingford, Wantage, plus the surrounding towns and villages.
Filter By Type
Sign up to our mailing list
South Oxfordshire based swimming school for children aged from 4+ years old.
- Classes include Intensive swimming lessons, workshops.
- Snorkles & flippers courses, Swimfit Activate+.
- 1 to 1 lessons (also for children with special needs).
- Diving lessons - held at Radley College Sports Centre.
- Life Saving courses for children aged approx. 8–11 years.
Various venues in Abingdon and Radley
- Library collection includes books, CD's and DVD's.
- Rhymetime for under 5 year olds on Wednesdays.
- Children's book club for ages 8–12 years, once a month.
- Storytime for ages 3–8 years, on Saturdays (2:30-3pm).
- Book sales 1st Friday and Saturday every month.
The Charter, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 3LY
- Weekly football coaching sessions for 2 year olds to the Under 15 age group.
- Courses include Mini Gunners, After Schools Clubs, Multi Sport and Team Coaching.
- Play at: Development centres, Advance centre, and Grassroots Club Partnership.
- Run holiday and weekend courses, check the website for dates.
- Birthday party packages available.
Venues at Development Centres in Oxford, Abingdon, and Carterton.
- Adult and child swimming lessons for all ages.
- Group lessons for children aged 3+ years, with a maximum of 6 children to a class.
- Swimming lessons stages 1–10.
- Follows the ASA National Plan, which includes a badge incentive scheme.
- Lessons on Sunday mornings.
Abingdon School, Faringdon Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1BQ
- Baby and parent development classes from 0–3 years.
- Three age groups: Infants (0–9m), Toddlers (9–18m), and Juniors (18m–3 years).
- All sessions run for 45 minute and are a mixture of structured short activities.
- Sensory games, physical movements, music and cognitive activities.
- Also offer Baby Massage classes, see website for more information.
Venues in Abingdon, Oxford, Thame, Witney and Woodstock
0203 176 5666
- Children can start classes (level one) from the age of 10 weeks to 12 months old.
- By 2½ years children can then learn to swim 5 or 10m without assistance.
- Only uses pools that are at least 32 degrees centigrade.
- Teaches valuable life saving skills.
- Professional underwater photography for children 3 months to 11 years old.
Kingfisher School, Radley Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 3RR
- Boys and girls of all abilities are welcomed to learn and develop football skills.
- Benson Rockets Soccer School is for children 4–6 year olds.
- Squads from Under 7s to Under 11s.
- Affiliated to the Oxfordshire FA.
- Have FA Charter Status with FA qualified coaches at every age-group.
Benson Recreation Ground, Sunnyside, Benson, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 6LZ
- Dance classes for children (2–15 years) covering a wide range of world dance styles.
- Violet (toddlers), Sweet Pea (4–6 years), Poppy (7–9 years), and Lily (10+ years).
- Includes: charleston, tango, swing, disco, Bollywood/bhangra, Irish, street dance.
- Run holiday workshops.
- Birthday parties entertainment packages, and bespoke options.
Venues in Blewbury, Brightwell-cum-Sotwell, Didcot, Moulsford, Oxford and Steventon
01865 883514 / 514031
- Music and movement classes for pre-schoolers.
- Classes incorporate music, dance and singing.
- Dance themes are based on traditional fairy tales and nursery rhymes.
- Props include puppets, scarves, bean bags, big ball, and parachute.
- Play percussion instruments to a varied range music from classical to modern.
Venues in Abingdon, Carterton, Didcot, Grove, Hanney, Harwell, Steventon, Wantage and Witney
- Music classes for babies, toddlers and pre-school children (up to 4 years old).
- Large variety of musical instruments.
- Interactive and sensory props to engage babies and children.
- Fun, interactive classes.
- Features songs, music & movement, instruments and sensory moments.
Various venues in Abingdon, Kennington, Oxford and Thame
0844 854 9083 / 01844 277464
- Baby Discover arts & craft classes (5–14 months old) - make artworks to take home.
- Little Explorers art classes for ages 15 month–5 years old.
- Family Fun classes (1–11 years old), family workshops, see website for dates.
- Arty birthday party entertainment.
- After school, Saturday and holiday clubs for children aged 5–11 years.
Various venues in Bicester, Didcot, Oxford, Thame and the surrounding villages
- 25 meter swimming pool between 28–31 degrees celsius.
- Wave machine and indoor flume ride.
- Beach area.
- Swim School Programme.
- Holiday activity schemes, with themed weeks. Check website for details.
Newlands Avenue, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 8NX