Outdoor Activities in South Oxfordshire
Abingdon, Ardington, Chinnor, Didcot, Faringdon, Goring, Henley-on-Thames, Milton, Wallingford, Wantage, plus the surrounding towns and villages.
Filter By Type
Sign up to our mailing list
- 18th century house and pleasure gardens.
- Trails for all the family, including the 'Woodland Life' walk.
- Children can try building a den, tree climbing and bird watching.
- Pond dipping and bug hunting.
- Course fishing is permitted 25th March to 30th September.
Faringdon, Oxfordshire, SN7 8BU
- The Folly woodland hides many sculptures to seek out, such as the hare, mole, bat.
- Find the 'fairly unless bridge' (for fairies or trolls) & fairy house in a tree trunk.
- Picnic in the woodland, with logs and balances nearby for children to play on.
- Views over 5 counties from the 100ft tower.
- The Tower is open April - October, please check website for dates.
Folly Path off Stratford Road, Faringdon, Oxfordshire, SN7 7AQ
- Animals include: cattle, chickens, ducks, goats, geese, pigs, sheep and turkeys.
- Adventure playground, treasure hunts on the giant bale climb, and trailer rides.
- Opportunities to handle and feed the animals.
- Workshops: Shepherd for the Day, Family or Farmers, and Farmer for a Day.
- Birthday party venue: 'Hands on' farm animal experiences and adventure play.
Fernham Road, Longcot, Faringdon, Oxfordshire, SN7 7PR
- 40+ obstacles made from wood, rope and wire. Minimum age 10+ years.
- Tree-Top High Ropes adventure, set high in the trees in 50 acre woodland.
- Rope bridges, tarzan swings, zip slides, & 42ft Drop Zone Parachute Descender.
- Seated picnic area and spectators area.
- Offers 'Summer Adventure Days' for children (Lasergaming & High Ropes).
Culham Adventure Park, Furze Brake Woodland, Rear of Culham Site 1, Off the A415 (Abingdon Road), Oxfordshire, OX14 3DA
- Visit rescued donkeys and other animals, including horses, chickens, geese and ducks.
- Admission is free, although donations are appreciated.
- You can sponsor a donkey.
- Cafe open most weekends and school holidays.
- Open daily (except Christmas Day) 11–4pm.
Old Didcot Road, Brightwell-Cum-Sotwell, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 0SW
Countryside Farm Centre open seven days a week perfect for all the family with animals, playground and indoor Sprout Playbarn. Throughout the summer months, there's a beach area (with outdoor games), PYO and Maize Maze.
- Fun for all the family. Animal Walkway includes pigs, alpacas, cattle, and ponies.
- Sprouts Indoor Playbarn with multi-level activities, slides, ball pits and education play.
- Children's play area: swings, slides, play diggers, little sit-on tractors, & carousal.
- Pick You Own: June to September. Over 30 different fruits and vegetables.
- Phoebe Wood is 10 acres of woodland and wetland walks and picnic areas.
- Children's ballet, tap and art classes. Birthday party packages coming soon.
Kingston Road, Frilford, Near Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX13 5HB
- Farm and farmshop, for all the family.
- Farm is open daily from 8am–6pm, and is free of charge.
- Animals include cows, sheep, lambs, chickens, goats and pigs.
- Between March and April there's opportunities to bottle feed the ewes.
- Pick Your Own fruit and vegetables available seasonally.
Milton Hill, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX13 6AG
- Indoor play activities for children of all ages.
- Huge indoor play frame, imagination play, and electric bikes to ride.
- Outdoor Adventure Assault Course.
- Under 5 years have dedicated zone. Weekly term-time pre-schooler sessions.
- Birthday party venue with various party packages.
Audlett Drive, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 3NJ