Outdoor Activities in North Oxfordshire
Banbury, Bicester, Charlbury, Chesterton, Chipping Norton, Fringford, Sibford, Shipton-under-Wychwood, plus the surrounding towns and villages.
Filter By Type
Sign up to our mailing list
- National Trust Jacobean country house and garden for all the family to visit.
- Family activity packs and trails for house and garden.
- Search for the 'Secret Room' and then picnic in the garden.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available.
- Braille guide and induction loop available - ask at reception.
Chastleton, Near Moreton-in-Marsh, Oxfordshire, GL56 0SU
- Designed around needs of children with varying disabilities but open to everyone.
- Farm with donkeys, goats, pigs, birds, alpacas, miniature ponies, and rabbits.
- Enchanted Walk with sensory garden, weather areas, water play, & musical chimes.
- Animal handling, sandpit, adventure playground & birthday party venue.
- Giant rabbit burrow with a play kitchen, and a model village 'Mouse Town'.
Southcombe, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, OX7 5QH
- Outdoor play group sessions using real tools, fire and building dens.
- For children walking - 4 years old.
- Themes include stick man, bears in the woods, and fairies.
- Fridays (term time) mornings (9:30am–11:30am) and afternoons (12:30pm–2:30pm).
- Woodland parties, team building, and training available.
Newbottle Woods, Near King Sutton, OX17 3DB
- Heated 25m outdoor swimming pool and toddler pool with slide.
- Open April - September. (Please see their website for dates).
- Swimming lessons Monday - Friday for the 1st four weeks of the summer holidays.
- Offer one-to-one lessons.
- Available for private hire for parties.
Fox Close, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, OX7 5BZ
- Outdoor nature play for all children from 1+ years.
- Mud painting, find a frog, snail races, treasure dig, crafts, storytime & bubbles.
- Family Adventures: term time - Mon, Tues, & Thurs (1–4 years olds and parents).
- Run 'Holiday Adventures' (children of all ages), and workshops (6+ years).
- Woodland birthday parties for all ages from February - November.
Henley Knapp Woodland, Near Enstone, Off the B4022, Oxfordshire, OX7 4EN
- Home of George Washingtons Ancestors. Interactive games & engaging displays.
- House tours for children to see where the Tudors slept and ate.
- Try pumping water, striking a light or setting the mouse trap in the kitchen.
- Family garden trails. For the very young there are large ladybirds to spot.
- Picnic areas and seating outside. For open times please see the website.
Manor Road, Sulgrave, Near Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX17 2SD
- Step back in time and see how the house was in the 1940s.
- Taster tours run most days (entry is by timed tickets).
- Natural play in the gardens. Woodland trail for all the family.
- Large print guides to paintings. Wheelchair accessible areas of house & garden.
- Front-carrying baby slings and hip-carrying infant seats for loan.
Near Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX15 6HT
- Sanctuary and farm for all the family.
- 'Cuddle Corner' where baby rabbits, chicks, ducklings and gerbils can be held.
- See and feed the animals.
- Animals include goats, horses, birds, and rabbits.
- Licensed pet shop for rabbits, guinea pigs, ducks and fowl.
Wigginton Heath, Near Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX15 4LQ
- 50m Outdoor swimming pool, for all ages.
- Tots Aqua Splash area.
- Flume slide.
- Café serving hot and cold food & drink.
- Open May - September (please check the website for dates).
Woodgreen Avenue, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 0HS