Indoor Activities in North Oxfordshire
Banbury, Bicester, Charlbury, Chesterton, Chipping Norton, Fringford, Sibford, Shipton-under-Wychwood, plus the surrounding towns and villages.
Filter By Type
Sign up to our mailing list
- Library collection includes books, CD's and DVD's.
- Rhymetime: free interactive sessions for under-5s, Tuesdays (10am–10:30am).
- Craft and Chat for all ages and abilities (children over 5 years are welcome).
- Local studies centre.
- Computers, internet, photocopier and free wi-fi.
Marlborough Road, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 5DB
0844 288 5174
- Soft play area for children aged 0–8 years old.
- Multi levels, ball pits and slides in separate spaces for all ages.
- Play area runs in timed sessions, please check the website for set times.
- 'Little Diggers' birthday parties available, with cupcake decorating activity.
- The Garden Centre runs children's activities during school holidays.
Oxford Road, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX25 2NY
- 6 lane 10 pin bowling alley.
- 25m swimming pool for all ages.
- 15m learner and fun pool.
- Children's birthday party packages available.
Queens Avenue, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 2NR
- Excellent sports facilities available to the public, for all ages.
- Indoor pool, squash courts, gym & fitness classes, climbing wall and tennis courts.
- Climbing wall runs tasters sessions and courses.
- Offer either a monthly membership per facility or you can pay as you use.
- Aqua Zumba classes Wednesday evenings 8pm–9pm, £5 per class.
Dewey Sports Centre, off Barley Close, Bloxham, Oxfordshire, OX15 4NJ
More than just a car museum it offers a great family day out, whatever the weather. With themed trails and costumed guided tours, it gives the whole family an insight into the British motor industry in a fun and relaxed way.
- World's largest collection of historic British cars, with interactive displays for all ages.
- Swap pushchairs for a push along car for cruising around the museum.
- Outdoor playground with galleon ship climbing frame and picnic area.
- Family activity sheets and trails to help you travel through themed zones.
- Check the website for information on great school holiday activities.
Banbury Road, Gaydon, Warwickshire, CV35 0BJ
- National Trust Jacobean country house and garden for all the family to visit.
- Family activity packs and trails for house and garden.
- Search for the 'Secret Room' and then picnic in the garden.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available.
- Braille guide and induction loop available - ask at reception.
Chastleton, Near Moreton-in-Marsh, Oxfordshire, GL56 0SU
- Possibly the smallest museum in Oxfordshire, for all the family.
- Set overlooking the site of the ‘lost’ village of Churchill, destroyed by fire in 1684.
- Touch screens telling the remarkable stories of two eminent sons of the village.
- Open March - September, please check website for opening times.
- Free admission.
Hastings Hill, Churchill, Nr Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, OX7 6NA
- Arts and crafts classes for children 5–7 years and 8 years–teens.
- 'Fine Art' classes for those interested or studying for GCSE/AS & A2 Level.
- Offer one-to-one private art tuition in Oxfordshire.
- Art holiday courses for children aged 5–7 years old, and 8–teens.
- Art birthday parties include, crafts, printmaking, 3D, textiles or painting & drawing.
Venues in Bletchingdon, Enstone and Oxford
0843 290 8938
- Tenpin Bowling for all the family.
- Amusement games area.
- Pool tables.
- Food and children's menu available.
- Birthday party packages.
Cherwell Centre, George Street, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 5BH
- Co-educational day and boarding school for children aged 3–18 years.
- Set in more than 50 acres of grounds, and is home to 400 pupils.
- Quaker ethos and values, although welcomes pupils of all faiths and none.
- The Learning Programme enables pupils with various specific learning difficulties.
- Party packages include: swimming pool with toys, & water rafts, or bouncy castle.
Sibford Ferris, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX15 5QL
- Baby Bounce - soft play and bouncy castle for pre-schoolers.
- Junior activities -'Spice Up Saturday', 'Junior Gym', 'Balanceability', and 'Sway Dance'.
- Fitness and sports activities. Roller disco on Saturdays.
- 25m swimming pool and learner pool. Crèche.
- Birthday party packages.
Cherwell Drive, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 2BW
- Home of George Washingtons Ancestors. Interactive games & engaging displays.
- House tours for children to see where the Tudors slept and ate.
- Try pumping water, striking a light or setting the mouse trap in the kitchen.
- Family garden trails. For the very young there are large ladybirds to spot.
- Picnic areas and seating outside. For open times please see the website.
Manor Road, Sulgrave, Near Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX17 2SD