Choosing the right school for your child is hard, whether you have a two year old embarking on their school life or a 17 year old trying to find a sixth form college which will help them to achieve their dreams. It is so important to make the best decision for each individual and this can be a daunting task. While creating this section, I thought about what would have helped me when I recently went through it myself. I strongly feel that the key is being armed with all the crucial information you can gather and the aim of this section is to make this information easily accessible and straightforward to record. The starting point must be to investigate which schools are local to you, what each one offers and to gain an idea of their ethos. This will help you to work out your top choices before arranging that all important visit. Good luck and happy hunting! Please note that this section also includes tutoring for various subjects. However, music and dance tuition predominately comes within Groups and Classes
Sign up to our mailing list
- Co-educational day and boarding school for children aged 3–18 years.
- Set in more than 50 acres of grounds, and is home to 400 pupils.
- Quaker ethos and values, although welcomes pupils of all faiths and none.
- The Learning Programme enables pupils with various specific learning difficulties.
- Party packages include: swimming pool with toys, & water rafts, or bouncy castle.
Sibford Ferris, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX15 5QL
- International, co-educational, residential college for pre-university level and above.
- IB and Pre-IB courses for students 15+ years.
- University Pathways courses for students 17+ years. English language courses.
- Summer courses: Juniors (10–15 years): Teenage (15–17 years), and IB courses.
- 15 boarding houses for students aged 15–17+ years.
139 Banbury Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 7AL
- Co-educational independent day and boarding school for ages 13–18 years.
- National reputation for sport.
- Busy, industrious school.
- Fully integrated pastoral care programme.
- Most proceed to Russell Group universities or prestigious art and drama schools.
Woodstock Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 7NN
- Charitable, co-educational, day and boarding school for ages 3–13 years.
- Inclusive school, all are involved in music, plays & represent the school in matches.
- Children with special educational needs are welcome.
- Facilities include: a music centre, sports hall, forest school, and swimming pool.
- After school activities include: tennis, athletics, cookery, art, and free swimming.
Carswell Manor, Faringdon, Oxfordshire, SN7 8PT
- Community school for children ages 3–11 years.
- Not affiliated to any religious denomination.
- Inclusive ethos.
- Host school to the Communication Interaction Resource Base.
- High level of teaching support in every classroom.
Raymund Road, Old Marston, Oxford, Oxfordshire OX3 0PJ
- Specialist independent day school for girls and boys aged 6–16 years.
- Specialist education for children with Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, and Dyscalculia.
- Helps children needing support with speech, language and Communication Needs.
- Offers both primary and secondary education including its GCSE programme.
- Pupils in year 1 to year 8 are given one-to-one tuition every day.
20 Marcham Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1AA
- LEA (local education agency) nursery and primary school for boys and girls.
- Well resourced with books and equipment.
- The school is divided into 8 classes.
- The Nursery and Reception classes follow the Early Years curriculum.
- Regular assessmenst enables teachers to identify each pupil's progress during the year.
Valley Road , Henley-on-Thames, RG9 1RR
01869 320665 / John Offered 01869 252224
- Friendly family run stables, for children from 3 years old - adults.
- Offer one to one instruction by BHS qualified instructors.
- Wide range of horses and ponies, or can be taught on own horse.
- Cater for all abilities including leisure riders, and competition riders.
- Run pony care fun days during school holidays for ages 4–12 years.
Langford Lane, Wendlebury, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX25 2NS
- Co-educational state secondary school and sixth form.
- All students follow the full national curriculum.
- For Years 7 and 8 daily library lessons are held to promote reading.
- Sixth Form offers a range of vocational & academic qualifications.
- Support all learners with the four categories of high incidence SEND.
Holton, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX33 1QZ
- Community primary school for children aged 4–11 years.
- The school puts 'values' at the centre of what they do.
- Caters for children with a wide range of special educational needs.
- Clubs include: sports, Inkai Judo, orchestra, choir, dance, and French.
- 2015 Ofsted report was 'outstanding'.
Maragret Road, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 8NG
- Comprehensive secondary school and sixth form for ages 11–18 years.
- Pastoral support though tutor groups & termly student-staff mentoring sessions.
- Extra curricular activities includes art club, choir, homework club, rugby, & fitness.
- Offer the (outside the classroom) 'Duke of Edinburgh Awards' programme.
- The sixth form is a community of some 200 students with an inclusive atmosphere.
Woodstock Rd, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 1DX
- Independent day and boarding school for girls aged 11–18 years.
- Good relationships at all levels and ages are of paramount importance.
- Taught in groups of varying size, depending on age and stage.
- It is possible to have individual tuition in some subjects.
- Girls have an opportunity to join the Young Enterprise programme.
74 Banbury Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 6JR