Choosing the right school for your child is hard, whether you have a two year old embarking on their school life or a 17 year old trying to find a sixth form college which will help them to achieve their dreams. It is so important to make the best decision for each individual and this can be a daunting task. While creating this section, I thought about what would have helped me when I recently went through it myself. I strongly feel that the key is being armed with all the crucial information you can gather and the aim of this section is to make this information easily accessible and straightforward to record. The starting point must be to investigate which schools are local to you, what each one offers and to gain an idea of their ethos. This will help you to work out your top choices before arranging that all important visit. Good luck and happy hunting! Please note that this section also includes tutoring for various subjects. However, music and dance tuition predominately comes within Groups and Classes
Sign up to our mailing list
- Independent pre-prep and preparatory school for boys 4–13 years old.
- The school has a close relationship with New College, Oxford.
- Pre-Prep classes are small and individual attention is important.
- Prep School have more timetabled lessons in a variety of specialist classrooms.
- Wide range of musical, sporting, and other extra-curricular activities.
Saville Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 3UA
- Primary community school for children aged 3–11 years.
- Children and staff learn the TIGER way.
- (Teamwork, Initiative, Growth, Enthusiasm, Responsibility).
- Curriculum tailored around pupils’ interests, so pupils help to choose topics.
- Encourages pupils to be fully involved in their learning and their successes.
Copse Lane, Marston, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 0AY
- Co-educational Catholic day school from 3 years through to Sixth Form.
- Nursery, Junior school, Senior school, and Sixth form.
- Christian ecumenical community and its ethos, but welcomes other faiths & beliefs.
- Small classes and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- Extensive facilities include a multi-use games area and 25m indoor swimming pool.
St. John's Road, Abingdon-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, OX14 2HB
The Oxford Academy01865 774311
- A co-educational academy in Oxford for pupils aged 11–19 years old.
- Specialist status in mathematics, computing and sport.
- Intervention support for literacy and numeracy, is reinforced by assessments.
- Small classes.
- Inclusive Christian Values underpin the school.
Sandy Lane West, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX4 6JZ
- Independent day school for girls aged 4–18 years.
- Consistently high academic results at GCSE and A Level.
- Experts in educating high-achieving girls.
- One of 26 Girls’ Day School Trust schools.
- The sixth form offers the 360 programme.
Belbroughton Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 6XA
- One-to-one music tuition for all ages from 3+ years.
- Electric, bass, classical and steel string acoustic guitar lessons.
- Ukelele lessons work well with very small children, from 3+ years.
- Children's lessons include learning a few guitar basics & banging drums in beat.
- Help with music GCSE and A Level is also available.
- Independent boarding school for 690 boys aged 13–18 years.
- Offers a broad range of co-curricular activities.
- The Chapel and Chaplain give support for the spiritual life.
- Sports centre facilities include 25m swimming pool, 3.5m diving pit, and gym.
- Extra curricular activities after school and during weekends.
Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 2HR
- Non-selective independent school for children from ages 3 to 11.
- Lower School (ages 3 -7) - co-educational. Upper School (ages 8-11) - girls only.
- Offer a broad-based education.
- Teach Christian morals and ethics but welcome pupils from other faiths.
- Run a Breakfast Club and After-School Care.
90 - 92 Bell Street, Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 2BN
- Independent day & boarding school for girls (aged 3–18 years), boys (3–11 years).
- Catholic heritage, although welcomes children of all faiths and beliefs.
- Sports facilities include 6 tennis courts, 3 netball courts, & swimming pool.
- Other facilities include a Chapel, sixth form, and science lavatories.
- Library has books, computer workstations, iPads, Kindles, & runs various activities.
Pullen's Lane, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 0BY
- Community primary school for children from 5 years old.
- Children from every year group are put into a 'Buddy Family ' group.
- Has a choir and wind orchestra.
- The school is part of the 'Singing Playgrounds' scheme.
- Extensive grounds, an amphitheatre, pond and conservation area.
Terrett Avenue, Sandhills, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 8FN
0118 940 2455
- Independent day and boarding school for boys (11–18 years) & girls (16–18 years).
- Wholly inclusive environment spanning all areas of College life.
- Extensive programme of co-curricular activities.
- Every boy in Year 7 is immediately entered into the Lower School orchestra.
- Multiple sports teams are fielded in each year group.
Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 4BW
0118 940 4738
- Independently run nursery offering pre-school environment based on EYFS.
- For children aged 2½ years to primary school age.
- Open to every family in the community.
- Wednesdays are for older children preparing for school the following September.
- Registered to receive government funding and accept childcare vouchers.
Memorial Avenue, Shiplake, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 4DW