Choosing the right school for your child is hard, whether you have a two year old embarking on their school life or a 17 year old trying to find a sixth form college which will help them to achieve their dreams. It is so important to make the best decision for each individual and this can be a daunting task. While creating this section, I thought about what would have helped me when I recently went through it myself. I strongly feel that the key is being armed with all the crucial information you can gather and the aim of this section is to make this information easily accessible and straightforward to record. The starting point must be to investigate which schools are local to you, what each one offers and to gain an idea of their ethos. This will help you to work out your top choices before arranging that all important visit. Good luck and happy hunting! Please note that this section also includes tutoring for various subjects. However, music and dance tuition predominately comes within Groups and Classes
Sign up to our mailing list
- A Voluntary Controlled Church of England school for children 3–11 years.
- Primary school with nursery and reception classes.
- Facilities includes a fully-equipped computer suite, library, & adventure playground.
- Reflects its Christian foundations in all aspects of school life.
- Capacity of 225 children, excluding the nursery.
Sibford Road, Hook Norton, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX15 5JS
- Acting, film making and drama classes school for children 8–18 years.
- Workshops include comedy schools, drama for screen and horror.
- Students work with film equipment and become part of the production team.
- Offer holiday courses and private tuition.
- Birthday party film packages, tailor made, for ages 4–16 years.
St. Michael's Church Hall, Portland Road, Summertown, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 7PZ
- Co-educational academy secondary school and sixth form.
- Specialist school with creativity at the heart of learning.
- Strong visual and performing arts status.
- Run many clubs, trips and visits, including to the school's Welsh farm.
- Extra curricular activities include a gifted and talented programme.
Wootton Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1JB
- Independent, non-selective, co-educational Christian school for children 3–16 years.
- Great emphasis is placed on the Bible as the Word of God.
- Helps parents train children socially, academically, emotionally and spiritually
- Sport and games are a key feature across the whole school.
- Links with The King’s Preschool in Bicester, run by Bicester Community Church.
New Yatt Road, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX29 6TA
- Co-educational day, boarding school and sixth form for pupils 11–18 years.
- Christian ethos.
- Set in 100 acres of Cotswolds countryside.
- Each pupil’s academic progress is measured every three weeks.
- Offer Unique American Studies Program for US boarding pupils.
Kingham, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, OX7 6TZ
- Arts and crafts classes for children 5–7 years and 8 years–teens.
- 'Fine Art' classes for those interested or studying for GCSE/AS & A2 Level.
- Offer one-to-one private art tuition in Oxfordshire.
- Art holiday courses for children aged 5–7 years old, and 8–teens.
- Art birthday parties include, crafts, printmaking, 3D, textiles or painting & drawing.
Venues in Bletchingdon, Enstone and Oxford
- Community primary school, with an attached nursery, for children aged 3–11 years.
- Annual intake of pupils into the main school is 30 per year.
- Extra-curricular activities including music tuition, and after school sport clubs.
- Badger Club is an out of school club, providing wrap around care.
- Admissions to the nursery take place September, January, and April.
Boulter Drive, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1XP
- Supported learning for young people aged 11–19 on the autism spectrum.
- Learning difficulties such as autism, Asperger’s Syndrome will really progress.
- Teaching & learning methods to help young people with learning difficulties.
- Have day and weekly residential placements.
- Offer a specialist curriculum.
Spring Hill Road, Begbroke, Oxfordshire, OX5 1RX
- Independent day school for boys between 7–18 years (and girls in the 6th Form).
- Classes are taught by subject specialists & class sizes are usually in the low 20s.
- The school has a long-standing tradition of musical excellence.
- Sixth Form: unique to MCS is the option of the 'Waynflete Studies Programme'.
- Huge extra-curricular programme. Clubs and Societies are a major part of school.
Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX4 1DZ
- Small Church of England Primary school for children for rising 5–11 years.
- Christian values underpin the schools ethos.
- After school clubs include: Oxford United Football Club, Glee Club, & Athletic Skills.
- A Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENco) works with teachers and parents.
- Children with SEN are inclusively educated with their peers.
The Green, Marsh Baldon, Oxford OX44 9LJ
- Nursery and primary school for children aged 3–11 years.
- Windmill Nursery is open Monday - Thursday (term time).
- Spacious garden and large undercover area for outdoor play.
- Classes have a maximum of 30 pupils.
- Parent and toddler session every Friday (9:15am–11:15am), everyone is welcome.
Mill Lane, Chinnor, Oxfordshire, OX39 4RF
- Independent prep day and boarding school for boys aged 4–13 years old.
- Everything is geared towards the way boys learn best.
- Boarding offers flexi and weekly boarding.
- Offer the broadest possible education.
- Send a high proportion of boys to academically selective schools at 13+.
Moulsford-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, OX10 9HR