Choosing the right school for your child is hard, whether you have a two year old embarking on their school life or a 17 year old trying to find a sixth form college which will help them to achieve their dreams. It is so important to make the best decision for each individual and this can be a daunting task. While creating this section, I thought about what would have helped me when I recently went through it myself. I strongly feel that the key is being armed with all the crucial information you can gather and the aim of this section is to make this information easily accessible and straightforward to record. The starting point must be to investigate which schools are local to you, what each one offers and to gain an idea of their ethos. This will help you to work out your top choices before arranging that all important visit. Good luck and happy hunting! Please note that this section also includes tutoring for various subjects. However, music and dance tuition predominately comes within Groups and Classes
Sign up to our mailing list
- Independent, specialist day school for girls and boys 11–18 years.
- Caters for educational needs, communication difficulties & challenging behaviours.
- The broad curriculum allows both academic and vocational paths.
- Speech & Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist & Educational Psychologist.
- Small class groups, with pupils grouped according to age and ability,
Grooms Farm, Thame Road, Oxfordshire, OX33 1JP
- Pre-Prep & Preparatory school for boys 4– 13 years.
- Co-educational nursery for children aged 3+ years old.
- Music permeates the school’s life.
- It's Christian heritage is central to the schools ethos but all beliefs are welcomed.
- Small class sizes, and specialist teaching across all subjects from Form 5.
3 Brewer Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 1QW
- Independent Day School for boys and girls aged 4–18 years.
- Junior, Senior schools and Sixth Form on the same site.
- Academic excellence is an essential criterion for the selection process.
- Pupils talented in creative arts & sporting activities are given due consideration.
- Set in 150 acres of parkland.
Witney, Oxfordshire, OX29 7PU
- Family-run independent full-boarding preparatory school for boys aged 8–13 years.
- Boys regularly achieve scholarships & academic awards to the major public schools.
- Encourage excellence on the sports fields and in the art and music departments.
- Boys benefit from a whole term at Château de Sauveterre, south of France.
- Extra curricular activities include campcraft, orienteering, cooking, fencing & sailing.
Nr Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX13 6JL
- Non-selective independent day school for boys (3–7 years) and girls (3–16 years).
- Small sized classes.
- Modern education, but firmly based on traditional values.
- Consistently in the top 10 in Oxfordshire schools for GCSE results.
- Strong reputation for its music, arts programme and sporting.
Moulsford, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 9HT
- Co-educational independent selective school for students aged 11–18.
- Aim to achieve academic excellence.
- Around 470 students.
- Day students only in years 7–11.
- Both day students and borders in the Sixth Form and one-year IGCSE.
111 - 113 Banbury Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 6JX
- Independent, co-educational boarding and day school for children aged 4–13 years.
- The roots lie in progressive educational theory of the late nineteenth century.
- Pastoral care is paramount.
- Broad curriculum and extensive music programme.
- Diverse range of after school activities and clubs.
Bardwell Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 6SS
- Community primary school in Abingdon for children aged 4–11 years old.
- Nursery for children aged 3–4 years old. Around 40 children attend.
- Strong ‘House’ system, every child from the Nursery to Y6 is placed in a house.
- Extra curricular activities targeted at specific year groups.
- The North and North East Abingdon Children’s Centres are part of the school.
Northcourt Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1NR
- Small non-demoninational Christian school & nursery for children aged 3–11 years.
- Independent parent-controlled school.
- Promotes an understanding of the world & society from a Biblical perspective.
- Its Nursery is based on the same God-centered principles.
- The victorian schoolhouse is tucked away in Littlemore, Oxford.
Sandford Road, Littlemore, Oxford, OX4 4PU
07753 344288 or 01865 865 067
- Classes in Oxford, Abingdon and Didcot.
- Teaches ESOL, French, German and Spanish languages.
- Offers private tuition.
- Runs classes for all ages and abilities, from toddler classes.
- After-school French and Spanish clubs for Primary aged children.
- Co-educational community secondary school and Sixth Form.
- Approximately 650 pupils attend.
- Each day begins with an unusual question or challenge to get our students thinking.
- Students’ learning is supplemented by trips, events and activities, home and abroad.
- It has a Special Educational Needs team each with their own areas of specialism.
Northcourt Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1NP
- Day and boarding school for girls aged 3–18 years.
- School reflects the values of it's Church of England origins.
- Modern facilities including a purpose-built Theatre and Music School.
- New Dance and Fitness Centre.
- Extensive extra-curricular programme.
Headington Road, Oxford, OX3 7TD